Many people use family members, friends, people from recovery meetings, sponsors, therapists, parole officers, and more as their accountability partners. The obvious connection here is that you personally know all of these people.
If you want someone who you personally know to follow your clock, here's what you do:
- Have the person download Nomo from the AppStore or Google PlayStore.
- Have them create an account. If they're not in recovery, they can just ignore all of the recovery talk.
- Once they log in, have them go to the settings and disable, "Private Profile". DON'T WORRY! This does not display their information anywhere. It just means that when you look them up, their profile won't be blocked. They will turn, "Private Profile" back on after you send them a partner request.
- On your phone, tap on, "Partners" from the home screen.
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon in the bottom menu.
- Tap on, "Lookup by username".
- Type the other person's username and tap, "Lookup".
- Once their profile appears, scroll to the bottom and tap, "Send Request".
- On their phone, tap on, "Partners" from the home screen.
- Have them tap on the, "Requests" tab at the top.
- Your profile will appear. Have them tap on it.
- Once your profile loads, have them scroll to the bottom and tap on, "Approve".
- IMPORTANT: Once they approve your request, have them return to the home screen, then tap on, "Settings" and reenable, "Private Profile". Now that you're connect, you'll be able to view their profile.
Once you've done all of that, the next step is to share your clock with your partner.