Early this morning (02/14/2020), the service I use to send notifications was hacked. A fake notification about money being transferred was sent to hundreds of thousands of users. I woke up to hundreds of emails from concerned users of my app letting me know. I immediately contacted the service I use and they promptly solved the problem. Here are a few things to know:
- No money was actually transferred. It was simply a fake notification.
- I cancelled my service with the company I use to send push notifications. .
- Since Nomo itself wasn’t hacked, none of your information was compromised.
- The hackers only gained the temporary ability to send mass notifications. That’s it.
- Nomo is running SUPER SLOW right now because of everyone logging on at once to see what was going on. If something isn’t loading on your account, just try again later. Sorry!
- You don’t need to do anything on your end. Nomo doesn’t have any payment information from you.
- Again, no actual money was involved. It was just a malicious notification.
I am so sorry for the hassle and I'm frantically trying to clean up this mess. Please remember that I'm a one man show and I'm working as fast as I can to notify everyone of the issue.